Shortly after Governor Newsom and the City of Fresno issued shelter-in-place orders, we at Coleman & Horowitt, LLP have been proactive. Though these orders allowed law firms to remain open as “essential businesses” we knew we could not continue business as normal. Instead, we took steps to protect our clients and employees by eliminating in- person meetings to the extent possible, and instead promoted video conferencing as an alternative. We allowed our employees – attorneys and non-attorneys alike – to work remotely and made sure our clients remained up-to-date on any COVID-19 related issues they may face via e-mail newsletters available on our website (see www.ch- law.com/covid).
While we have not defeated COVID-19, and much work remains to be done until we get an “all clear” to return to our pre-COVID-19 lives, the shelter-in-place orders are being relaxed to the point that we can reopen our offices to employees and clients alike. While we will continue to provide the creative, responsive and value-driven representation our clients expect, we will do so in such a way that our clients and employees will be protected.
Starting June 1, 2020, all of our offices will be open to clients and we will welcome back our employees who were working from home. To protect everyone, we will follow the guidelines provided by the CDC, state and local governments including:
- All employees and visitors will have their temperature taken and complete a health questionnaire to assure that nobody has COVID-19 symptoms
- Employees who are ill or have symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to individuals who were exposed to COVID-19 or caring for those with COVID-19 will be given leave to permit an effective self-quarantine
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use by clients and employees
- All employees will wear masks in the office and clients will be asked to wear a mask in meetings with attorneys
- All common areas will be frequently cleaned and disinfected
- We will continue to utilize video conferencing for meetings, depositions and mediations when available as they have proven to be a cost-effective method of conducting business and they lessen the chance of being infected
- We will continue to provide you with COVID-19 updates that affect your business because, while companies may be reopening, business and legal issues relating to the reopening, including the continued impact of COVID-19 to the court system, remain
We know our worst days may not be behind us but we also know that by working together, our best days remain ahead of us. We stand ready to continue with our mission of helping businesses and their owners succeed. We therefore look forward to seeing you soon.
Before closing, we at Coleman & Horowitt thank you, our clients and friends, for your support for the past several months. With your help, we were able to maintain our operations at full capacity without any reduction of employees. Thank you.
If you have suggestions for us, please let me know. We want to provide you with the best service as we all move into the next stage of our recovery. Write to me at dhorowitt@ch- law.com or call me at (559) 248-4820 or (800) 891-8362.
Darryl J. Horowitt