Sherrie M. Flynn
Sherrie joined Coleman & Horowitt, LLP in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, she was associated with the Fresno intellectual property boutique, The Law Offices of Andrew D. Fortney. She was also formerly associated with the Fresno firm Baker Manock & Jensen. Trademark lawyer in Fresno.
Sherrie represents clients in intellectual property registration and enforcement, including numerous issued patents, trademarks and copyrights registrations, licensing agreements, intellectual property litigation, and contract dispute resolution. She also represents clients in business torts and construction disputes (where she has over 30 years of business and engineering experience). Sherrie works primarily out of the Firm’s Fresno office.
- Procured nearly 100 issued patents and countless registered trademarks for clients.
- Successfully argued against multiple rejections and objections by Examiners in patent and trademark registration applications.
- Obtained a permanent injunction and an award of over $8 million in damages and attorneys fees in a trademark infringement action.
- Successfully defended through trial a trademark cancellation proceeding before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board filed by one of the largest growers, packers and shippers of fresh citrus fruit.
- Obtained a permanent injunction and an award of over $2 million in damages and attorneys fees in a trademark infringement action.
- Successfully defended a client against a claim of fraud on the US Patent and Trademark Office in a trademark cancellation proceeding.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in copyright infringement cases.
- Successfully negotiated coexistence agreements in trademark opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Honors & Awards
2016 -2019 Super Lawyer
2014-2015 Rising Star
San Joaquin College of Law Agricultural Law Review, 2004-2005, Managing Editor
George A. Hopper Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate 2002