Robert K. Ashley
Rob Ashley is a graduate of the University of Montana where he majored in Journalism. Prior to attending law school he worked in radio and television broadcasting, including news reporting and hosting a sports-talk radio show. Rob received his law degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. During law school, Rob served as McGeorge’s Representative to the American Bar Association. Additionally, Rob worked on a death penalty trial in Marin County Superior Court. Rob also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Lawrence B. Hagel at the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C.
Rob was admitted to the California Bar in 2015. Prior to joining Coleman & Horowitt, LLP, Rob worked in Roseville, California, at a firm specializing in business, trademark, and real estate litigation. Rob also served as a Deputy District Attorney in Marin County. Rob has tried civil and criminal cases to verdict and represented clients in state and federal court, as well as the Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board and US Bankruptcy Court. He also has experience representing clients in arbitration and mediation.
Rob currently works in the litigation department at Coleman & Horowitt, LLP, practicing in real estate litigation, business litigation, probate litigation, and collection actions.
- Defended trucking company in contract dispute with a major corporation and was able to secure a dismissal of the entire action during arbitration without payment.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a homebuyer in a matter in which the agent-seller commenced a lot line adjustment and intended to keep a portion of the property for himself without disclosure.
- Obtained dismissal of action by demurrer for a client involved in a dispute pertaining to construction contracts in Fresno County.
- Obtained favorable settlement in defense of a company that operated storage facilities sued by employees for unpaid wages.
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment for charity in complex litigation pertaining to an irrevocable trust.
- Obtained favorable settlement in defense of a marijuana dispensary sued by contractors for unpaid improvements to commercial properties.
- Obtained favorable settlement in high value family probate dispute involving farm land and multiple business entities.
- Obtained monetary and injunctive relief representing nature conservancy in action against construction company.