Steven C. Clark
Steven has 25 years of trial experience in catastrophic injury claims against trucking companies, commercial enterprises, farming operations, multinational corporations, as well as individuals. He also has significant experience litigating agricultural, crop loss, and negligent farm management cases as well as handling creditor rights and business litigation matters.
Steven represents our clients in complex commercial, business, commercial and unfair competition litigation, construction and real estate litigation and casualty insurance and professional liability defense matters. Steven works primarily out of the Firm’s Fresno office.
- Defended through jury trial, a produce processor in a claimed negligent forklift operation case with claims of neck injury, surgery and that plaintiff could no longer be gainfully employed. A favorable jury verdict was obtained which was a small fraction of what was being demanded by Plaintiff.
- Defended through jury trial, a farm management company in a claimed negligent farm management case. Plaintiffs were demanding in excess of 1 million dollars for crop loss. A favorable jury verdict was obtained which was a small fraction of what was being demanded by Plaintiff.
- Defended through jury trial, a farming entity in a claimed negligent farm operations case. The Plaintiff was demanding millions of dollars in damages for multiple amputations. Jury trial resulted in a defense verdict.
- Defended through jury trial, a retail business in a claimed negligent business operation case where data transmission lines were uprooted shutting down service to thousands of customers. A favorable jury verdict was obtained which was a small fraction of what was being demanded by Plaintiff.
- Defended through jury trial, a property owner accused of causing the death of an adjoining landowners’ livestock. Jury trial resulted in a defense verdict.
- Defended through jury trial, a large corporation in a claimed improper training and negligent heavy equipment operation case. The Plaintiff was claiming millions of dollars in damages for a broken neck and surgeries. A favorable result for the defense was obtained at trial.
- Defended through jury trial, many auto accident cases throughout California which have resulted in defense verdicts.
- Defended a multinational corporation in Federal Court against millions of dollars in claimed damages to federal property.
- Defended individuals, businesses, farms and commercial clients in cases involving wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, amputations and paralysis.
- Defended business clients in cases involving multi-million dollar breach of contract claims.
- Defended trucking companies in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases seeking millions of dollars in damages.
Publications & Speaking
- Master of Business Administration Thesis: Pricing a Contingent Value Right
- Law review article: Liability for Landfill Closure is Strict
- Published opinion Fifth District Court of Appeals.