Sheryl D. Noel, C.P.A.
Sheryl joined Coleman & Horowitt in 1999. Prior to joining the firm she was an accountant with the national accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche, LLP and the Fresno accounting firm of Baker, Peterson & Franklin. She also practice law with John Baker & Associates as a criminal defense attorney.
Sheryl is part of the firm’s litigation department and head of the firm’s collections department. She has tried numerous court and jury trials and has also served as lead counsel in numerous mediations and arbitrations. She represents clients in businesses and financial institutions in commercial and consumer collections (secured and unsecured), commercial, real estate, business and construction defect litigation, business and real estate transactions, wills and trusts, and creditor representation in bankruptcy. and represents financial institutions.
She is also active in the community, serving on the Board of Comprehensive Youth Services, where she served as its President and currently serving as Secretary.
- Represented contractor in high profile and complex litigation matter involving claims of fraud in the sale of property that was to be used to raise and show horses.
- Represented numerous nation banks and lending institutions in recovery of secured and unsecured transactions.
- Represented contractors in defense of construction defect matters.
- Represented contractors in actions to recover money due from owners and general contractors.
- Represented corporation in defense of complex litigation to assume control of corporation by lender.
- Successfully defended a national corporation in federal court in a product licensing dispute.
- Represented a national advertiser to serve as state-wide counsel to obtain judgments for unpaid adverting.
- Represented a corporation from Columbia to recover monies for farming equipment.
- Represented a film production corporation from Spain regarding credit agreement.
- Represented film production company to enforce a judgment against a distributor.
Publications & Speaking
Guest Lecturer at Heald College
Honors & Awards
Member, San Joaquin College of Law, Agricultural Law Review
American Jurisprudence Award, for Constitutional Law, 1992-1993
Moot Court Brief