Laurence Y. Wong
Prior to joining Coleman & Horowitt, LLP in 2006, Laurence practiced law with the Century City firm of Gittler & Bradford and the firm of Hemer, Barkus & Clark, where he was managing attorney of their Inland area office. He is currently the managing attorney for the Los Angeles Office of Coleman & Horowitt.
Laurence has acted as a crash settlement officer and judge pro tem for the Los Angeles County superior court. In addition he acts as a neutral arbitrator for the OIA involving Kaiser Permanente arbitrations.
Laurence has extensive trial experience, having tried to verdict numerous jury and non-jury trials and arbitrations. He has handled all phases of litigation, including post trial motions and appeals. His results include:
- High profile litigation representing a physician who refused to provide an epidural to a pregnant medicare patient unless $300 in cash was paid first.
- Representation of a physician and clinic in which a physician within the clinic was charged with manslaughter following a medical procedure.
Laurence has also obtained defense verdicts for:
- Alleged failure to diagnose colon cancer resulting in the wrongful death of a 35 year old psychologist survived by her 3 year old son
- Battery allegation in which the patient claimed the physician operated on the wrong site
- Birth injury alleged as a result of failure of physician to perform a c-section