Keith M. White
Keith joined Coleman & Horowitt, LLP in 2012. Prior to joining the firm, he was a shareholder in the Fresno firm Dowling, Aaron & Keeler (now Dowling Aaron Incorporated). He was also formerly associated with the Fresno firm Baker, Manock & Jensen.
Keith has acted as lead counsel in litigation in the areas of business, construction, professional negligence defense (including architects, engineers, lawyers, and real estate brokers), premises liability defense, personal injury, real estate, white collar crime, and the defense of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims. He has handled trials in state and federal court as well as mediations.
- Successfully represented owner of a large warehouse with a failing concrete slab-on-grade floor resulting in the temporary relocation of the business and the removal and replacement of the floor.
- Represented several pistachio growers in actions against their former farm manager for embezzlement and fraudulent billing resulting in the recovery of the embezzled funds.
- Defended of out-of-state resident with significant default judgment resulting in the set aside of the default judgment.
- Defended insured in month-long federal court jury trial in action by insurer to void insurance policy.
- Defended dozens of property owners and business owners in separate ADA cases resulting in the prompt and efficient resolution of those cases.
- Defended general contractor against claims of defective construction of a concrete slab-on-grade floor resulting in favorable resolution.
- Represented multiple franchisees in superior court lawsuit against their franchisor resulting in a significant judgment, including attorney’s fees, following a five-week jury trial and subsequent appeal.
- Defended a national telecommunications company in a superior court lawsuit by a customer injured in a slip and fall at a shopping mall kiosk resulting in a favorable verdict following a jury trial.
- Defended a large apartment complex and its management company against a premises liability action by burn victim resulting in a very favorable resolution.
- Successfully defended doctors and medical group against claims brought by vexatious litigant.
- Defended a large senior living center against several premises liability actions resulting in a very favorable resolutions for client.
- Represented debt buyer in consumer class action for violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, with favorable settlement reached after class certification.
- Successfully represented the victim of identity theft in action brought by debt collector resulting in the payment of penalties to victim by debt collector.
- Successfully represented heirs in foreclosure action brought by purported creditor of decedent.