Russell W. Reynolds
Prior to joining the firm, Russell was a principal in the Law Offices of Russell W. Reynolds in Fresno and served as vice president and counsel at ValliWide Bank and ValliCorp Holdings, Inc.
Russell is the head of the firm’s creditor rights group. He has handled all aspects of litigation in the areas of banking, business, commercial and real estate litigation, and alternative dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.
In state court, Russell has brought actions on unsecured obligations, has sought possession of personal property including vehicles, equipment and inventory, and has brought actions to judicially foreclose deeds of trust. In Bankruptcy Court, Russell has brought motions for relief from stay, motions to dismiss chapter 7 proceedings pursuant to Bankruptcy Code section 707(b), filed objections to confirmation of chapter 13 and chapter 11 plans and litigated collateral valuation issues. He has also litigated dischargeability issues. Russell works primarily out of the Firm’s Fresno office.
- Represented financial institution in obtaining a favorable settlement of RICO claim involving fraud relating to “power booking” and falsifying loan documents by an auto dealership.
- Obtained favorable arbitration award on behalf of an auto dealership against consumer for CLRA and AFSA violations.
- Represented financial institution in a complex fraud and breach of promissory note; obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Provided legal counsel to numerous financial institutions on modifying loan documents.
- Successfully obtained dismissals of bankruptcy cases by Bankruptcy Code section 707(b) motions.
Publications & Speaking
Speaker at California Credit Union Collectors Council local chapter meeting.
Speaker at Central California Bankruptcy Association Institute.